[OS X TeX] TeXnicle

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 24 10:59:33 EDT 2010

On Jun 24, 2010, at 12:12 AM, Malcolm Ross wrote:

>> On Jun 23, 2010, at 12:01 AM, Ramón Figueroa-Centeno wrote:
>>

>>> Aloha,
>>>
>>> I just stumbled upon this new editor for TeX on OS X:
>>>
>>> http://web.me.com/martinhewitson/BOBsoft/TeXnicle.html
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> Ramón
>>
> On 23/06/2010, at 9:37 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> This looks interesting. Especially for folks that work on multi-file projects. Would some folks try it out and see if it works for them? Is it extensible (i.e., can you construct ``engines'' or ``tools'') does it do command completions (also can you add your own)?
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>
> G'day,
>
> I'd be interested in trying TeXnicle out, as I sometimes typeset books (i.e. multifile projects), but I use XeLaTeX, and it isn't clear to me how one would do this with TeXnicle. Any advice would be much appreciated.
>
> - Malcolm Ross

Howdy,

Well, I was hoping others would be able to look at TeXnicle and give a mini review on these kinds of things. I'm kind of tied up right now.

The web site doesn't have such specifics although one of the screen shots had tabs for Snippets (is that like command completions?) and Code (?).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)