[OS X TeX] Underscore

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Mar 26 05:51:50 EDT 2010

Am 26.03.2010 um 08:05 schrieb Ulrich Groh:

> Using "underscore" _ in a TeX document is a little difficult.

No. It works perfectly. (In maths, an \include* or \href or
\usepackage statement.)

> If I type "_" I **always** get _{ } even if I don't like it at that
> moment. How can I avoid this behavior?

For example using: \_. Or, when using \usepackage{textcomp} you can
use its \textunderscore (plus some more). Best documentation: either
fontinst/finst (*not* Philipp Lehman's Font Installation Guide) or the
LaTeX Companion.

You can also make _ a text character ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

You can learn many things from children.  How much patience you have,
for instance.
				– Franklin P. Jones