[OS X TeX] strange problem

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 11 08:05:08 EST 2010

On Nov 11, 2010, at 4:30 AM, claudio Procesi wrote:

>> dear colleaguesI have a very strange problem developed with Texshop. Often the produced PDF file does not appear although in the windows panel it seems to exist. If I make a new document with new name then it may appear in the new document. If I do a "save as" it usually disappears.

Howdy,

When you do the Save As... are you sure you are saving the file into the same directory you are working in? If you compile the file you shouldn't have to do a Save As.. since the pdf file is automatically produced in the same directory as the source file (or root file if you are using \include commands).

> When I close Texshop and then open it again I get the same problem and the PDF does not appear.
>> I tried to repair the disk and similar actions to no avail. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here. When you say Close and the Open TeXShop are you double-clicking a source file which has the pdf file with the same base name proesent in the same directory?

This really sounds like a file system problem. What version of the OS are you using? How full is your Hard Drive?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)