[OS X TeX] strange problem

claudio procesi procesi at mat.uniroma1.it
Fri Nov 12 05:22:33 EST 2010

Hi,   it is a problem which developed suddenly after years of no problems.

I Create a Tex file  work on it,  close it the next day I open it again  and the PDF window does not appear.

Indeed in the window panel the sign of the pdf file is present but if I click on it it gives me basically nothing.

Initially I thought it could be a problem of  "spaces" but it is not.

I tried several things, the only thing that works is if I copy the file into a new file and save it with a new name, then it TeXs correctly but of course the next day.......

this is really annoying I tried to repair the permissions to repair the disk  nothing. I do not think that it is a question of disk space since I have 200 gigas free. I run OS 10.6.4  up to date as far as I know.

I asked around friends more expert than I am  but no one seems to have any idea.  This problem seems to concern only Texshop. I also installed again texshop  (I trew out my version first)  and the problem persists.

If you have any suggestions it would be great  claudio