[OS X TeX] dvips problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Nov 11 09:18:01 EST 2010

Am 10.11.2010 um 19:38 schrieb <lycee.condorcet at voila.fr> <lycee.condorcet at voila.fr
 >:

> - xdvi works fine (3 images) with gs 8.71 but not with gs 9.0 (GPL
> Ghostscript from macports)  (1 image) : ?????

How do you achieve that either this or that gs version is used?

> - if I modify the end of the file /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/
> tex/latex/latexconfig/graphics.cfg with explicit calls to gunzip :

I think there is no sense in modifying this file. Two reasons:

  • it can be overwritten any moment when you update TeX
  • the rule forces programmes to decompress the file unconditionally

Xdvi knows in case of Mac OS X that it has to use gunzip before
Ghostscript can render the included compressed PostScript file(s).

A better place for your modified version is either in your private
tree (~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/latexconfig) or in that of your
system: /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/latexconfig. After
installation of your modified file a

	sudo texhash /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local

is necessary.

I wonder why no other MacTeX 2010 user can reproduce your failure with
your set of test files...

--
Greetings

   Pete