[OS X TeX] theorem names

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sat Nov 13 11:44:54 EST 2010

On Nov 13, 2010, at 10:55 AM, André Bellaïche wrote:

> I have a similar problem, but different.
>
> I would like not having the point after the the closing parenthesis in
>
>> Theorem 5 (Fundamental theorem of AbelianGroups).
>
> to be typeset in bold.
>
> Typsetting this point in bold goes against the tradition in
> typography which says the ponctuation has to use the same font as
> the preceding text.

So take the same bit of code I posted for George and change the
punctuation:

\makeatletter
\def\th at plain{%
%%  \let\thm at indent\noindent % no indent
%%  \thm at headfont{\bfseries}% heading font is bold
%%  \thm at notefont{}% same as heading font
        \thm at headpunct{\normalfont.}% add period after heading
%%  \let\thm at swap\@gobble
%%  \thm at preskip\topsep
%%  \thm at postskip\theorempreskipamount
        \itshape % body font
}
\makeatother

Alan