[OS X TeX] Miscellaneous Questions

KHALID NADIRI khalid.nadiri at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 12:58:10 EST 2010

Hey everyone,

LaTex novice here.  Have a few very basic questions.  Any help would be much appreciated.

1. Does one have to download BibTex in addition to BibDesk? BibTex does not come with the full MacTex package, correct?

2. If I wanted to change the item and paragraph spacing in a list per the syntax below, but wanted to specify different symbols for the labels of each item and sub-item (e.g., filled-in bullets for one item, open bullets for a sub-item, etc.), how would I change the syntax below?

\renewenvironment{itemize}{
  \begin{list}{}{
    \setlength{\leftmargin}{1.5em}
    \setlength{\itemsep}{0.25em}