[OS X TeX] Who is using biblatex?

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Nov 30 16:10:47 EST 2010

On 1/12/2010, at 8:55 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> On 30.11.2010, at 20:54, Alan T Litchfield wrote:
>

>> On 1/12/2010, at 8:30 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>>

>>> Of course, what is difficult, always lies in the eye of the
>>> beholder, but compiling biber yourself really isn't so difficult.
>>> You mainly need a proper perl installation (I use the macports
>>> installation) and then you need to install a bunch of perl modules
>>> via cpan. Depending on how much you're used to working with the
>>> terminal and with perl, this is certainly doable.
>>>

>> Yes, I have perl 5.8.8 so no problem there. The build successfully
>> installed the necessary CPAN dependencies (which is nice) but
>> reports that it ``Can't locate IPC/Cmd.pm in @INC''. Installing
>> that perl reports two more dependencies not met. ...
>
> That means IPC::Cmd is missing. A 'sudo cpan IPC::Cmd' should fix
> this.

Failed 24/26 test programs. 8/14 subtests failed.

**sigh** Followed by ``Can't locate Log/Log4perl.pm in @INC''

Which will no doubt be followed by something else.

Also ran install Bundle::CPAN.

Time is against me. I will stick with bibtex or bibtex8 until I have
head space. Thanks however. At least I have a starting point for the
future.

Alan

--
Alan T Litchfield