[OS X TeX] Old file version reappeared as ghost

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Oct 6 18:48:30 EDT 2010

On Oct 6, 2010, at 4:53 PM, André Bellaïche wrote:

> Very strange behaviour of TeXShop.
>
> In the file myfile.tex, I make many changes, and I save the file. Then I typeset the file. No one of the changes appear in the typeset: TexSop typesets the old version that nobody can see.

Howdy,

Are you sure the file typeset correctly? Did you edit the file in TeXShop? Does it contain any graphics? If so, what kind of graphics does sit contain?

> I copy the file myfile.tex into a new file myfile2.tex. Same behaviour: what TeXShop typeset is the old version of the first file myfile.tex, which for me is something like a ghost file.
>
> This old version cannot be seen in any way. Only once, I could see the old version on the source file, but closing and opening brought back the new version, which, nevertheless was typeset exactly as it was the old one.
>
> Does it help if I say that the file was an old Textures file, which was opened with TeXShop?
>
> André

Howdy,

Was the old Textures file one that had been typeset in Textures? Are you sure it's a plain text file and doesn't have all the old Textures baggage attached?

I remember that those old Textures files had to be stripped to create the plain text source file to send to other folks.

What happens if you copy the source from the old file and paste it into a completely new file in TeXShop?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)