[OS X TeX] Announce: TeXShop Tips & Tricks. UPDATE!

Axel Kielhorn a.kielhorn at web.de
Sun Oct 10 09:44:45 EDT 2010

Am 10.10.2010 um 15:00 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> Howdy,
>
> OK. I just updated the ``TeXShop Tips & Tricks'' document which is now at version 0.1 dated 2010/20/20. There are a few wording changes and one additional sub-section about large documents and setting up root and subsidiary files so that TeXShop ``knows'' what file to compile and also allow for proper Source<->PDF synchronization.
>
> It's available as TeXShopTricks.pdf.zip at <http://public.me.com/herbs2>.

So far I have used "Ablage->Hauptdatei festlegen..." (File->Set Main file...) to define the  root document.
This creates a <filename>.texshop file (and wastes 4 K of valuable storage space).

I prefer your way because it allows to switch between the article and presentation version in a beamer presentation by just changing two characters.

%-TEX root = beamer.tex
%!TEX root = article.tex

I just noted that synctex works source to pdf but not pdf to source when using included documents.

Suggestion for future TeXShop versions:
Maybe the menu command should insert a TEX root line into the file?

Axel