[OS X TeX] Unexpected TS coloring of uncommented text

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Oct 13 09:47:11 EDT 2010

On Oct 13, 2010, at 8:21 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> I noticed the following reproducible quirk in Texshop (2.37):
>
> 1. create a comment with a % at the beginning of a line and some text after it:
> <1.png>
>
> 2. Place the cursor right after the % and hit return: the line is broken but the second line is colored as a comment.
> <2.png>
>
> 3. Place the cursor on line 4 (or several lines below these comments, it doesn't seem to matter ho many:
> <3.png>
>
> 4. Back-space to line 3, and voila! Line 2 is not in red any more.
>
> <4.png>
>
> This must have been introduced in the latest version of TS because I don't seem to recall this behavior before.
>
> Themis

Howdy,

I don't think this behavior is new. You can ``fix it'' by pressing Return twice and then delete one of the Returns in stage 2. I'm not sure what forces a rescan.

By the way, I rarely ``hide'' and ``un-hide'' this way. It's so easy to simply put the cursor anywhere on the line and then Source->Comment and Un-Comment the line (Cmd-{ and Cmd-} with US keyboard localization).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)