[OS X TeX] Unexpected TS coloring of uncommented text

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:44:14 EDT 2010

On Oct 13, 2010, at 9:21 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> I noticed the following reproducible quirk in Texshop (2.37):
>
> 1. create a comment with a % at the beginning of a line and some
> text after it:<1.png>
>
> 2. Place the cursor right after the % and hit return: the line is
> broken but the second line is colored as a comment.<2.png>
>
> 3. Place the cursor on line 4 (or several lines below these
> comments, it doesn't seem to matter ho many:<3.png>
>
> 4. Back-space to line 3, and voila! Line 2 is not in red any more.
>
> <4.png>
>
> This must have been introduced in the latest version of TS because
> I don't seem to recall this behavior before.

That is because TeX doesn't like blah blah blah. If you type
mathematics instead ...

  Actually the behavior, at least with TeXShop 2.26, is a bit more
complicated:

If you place say twenty lines of text before % blah blah blah, the
behavior is as you describe but if you do the same in a smaller
window so that there is a scroll bar the behavior is correct. Also,
if you do it in a big window and then change the window the slightest
little bit, blah blah blah will get black.

This seems to be related to the fact that when you make a find and
replace, the comments in the affected part turn black but revert to
red as soon as you change the window the slightest little bit.

Regards
--schremmer