[OS X TeX] wrapfig problem

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Mon Sep 13 14:46:29 EDT 2010

I am using wrapfigure but I have run into a problem. Apparently, sometimes a figure is moved to a place that causes latex to quit without producing a pdf. The error message is:

[8
./proposal.tex:326: pdfTeX error (ext4): \pdfendlink ended up in different nest
ing level than \pdfstartlink.
\AtBegShi at Output ...ipout \box \AtBeginShipoutBox
                                                  \fi \fi
l.326

./proposal.tex:326:  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on proposal.log.

By moving (with quite a bit of trial and error) the offending wrapfigure, or commenting it out, things return to normal. The problem is that this situation can show up unexpectedly during editing, since adding/removing text moves figures around.

Does anyone know of a solution? Or perhaps can suggest a better alternative to wrapfigure?

Thanks

Themis

PS: I am using wrapfigure inside memoir. I don't know if the conflict is specific to memoir, or a general conflict with latex.