[OS X TeX] Configure TeXshop to directly work from a .asy file?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Sep 14 07:19:46 EDT 2010

On Sep 13, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 13.09.2010 um 19:34 schrieb Damien DEBRIL:
>
>> Where I have to put the config.asy ?
>

> Did you check these?

I did, and I couldn't find a plain and unambiguous statement oriented towards Mac OS X users.

FWIW, I broke down and put the line:

settings.outformat="pdf";

in my file and my need for config.asy went away.

I'm also using a very simple Asymptote.engine file:

#!/bin/tcsh

set path= ($path /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin)
set filename = "$1"

asy -v "$filename"

which of course directly makes a .eps or .pdf of a .asy file

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer