[OS X TeX] new texlive folder

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 17 14:05:08 EDT 2010

I just noticed that there is a new folder named texlive within ~/Library, having a subfolder 2010/texmf-var within which are such items as generated pk files that, based on the experience of previous years, could have been expected to end up in ~/.texlive2010/texmf-var. I could not see anything in the new texmf.cnf that points to such a folder. Can someone point me to some documentation of this new texmf tree? The list of changes to MacTeX mentions nothing that I could see on this.

Michael