[OS X TeX] fonts handling

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Sep 17 14:45:14 EDT 2010

Am 17.09.2010 um 17:00 schrieb Simon Spiegel:

> I also wanted to ask about this because I see different behaviours
> with different fonts. Some commercial Adobe fonts I tried accept the
> font name, others (Linux Libertine and Charis SIL for example) only
> work with file name and complete path. On what does this depend?

Whether they are installed in your computer's font subsystem or not.

XeTeX and its output driver, xdvipdfmx, use both this font subsystem,
which delivers the necessary features of the font and dimensions of
its glyphs. Xdvipdfmx additionally, because of its dvipdfm ancestor,
reads a MAP file. Therefore make all your font files known to the font
subsystem!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on
top of things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of
things. What I do takes long hours of studying and uninterruptible
concentration.
				– Donald Knuth