[OS X TeX] TexShop preview is blank since last update

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Sep 20 07:38:26 EDT 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 1:58 AM, Alan T Litchfield wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since the last TeXShop update to 2.37 the preview pane often opens blank and remains so even after processing a file. To get it to display I must quit the application and reopen the file. Normally it then displays the preview correctly and behaves itself until I open another file and for whom the preview pane is again blank. This necessitates quitting again and reopening files.
>
> The PDFs are not empty and opening them with Apple Preview displays the content correctly.
>
> Is this a bug? How do I get the preview pane to display correctly again?
>
> My system: OS X 10.5.8, G5 dual, lots of RAM to spare.
>
> Sorry Richard. Would have posted this on the forum but changing the language to English seems to require registration (?) and I don't want to (register that is). Or my non-existent understanding of German led me to a wrong conclusion.
>
> Alan

Howdy,

I haven't experienced that behavior so Dick Koch will have to help out here. Having more details would help too. Does is happen all the time with all possible documents? Does it happen when you first open a file and a corresponding pdf is also present, after a first compile, after subsequent compiles? Is it a distributed document or a simple single file document?

Instead of quitting and restarting try to close the Preview Window and type Cmd-1 (the command to switch between the Source Window (which should be active) and the now non-existent Preview Window which should re-open the Preview Window.

As far as the forum is concerned it became necessary to have folks register to leave messages because of the rise in spam. It's the world we live in these days.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)