[OS X TeX] TeX and 10.6.7

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Mon Apr 4 12:26:24 EDT 2011

I've had a similar problems with a paper that uses the IEEE class (this is a review paper for a conference and is confidential). Basically this is a two column format with Times fonts. I am not sure that it is LaTeX as there is no equation in the paper and the authors can chose between Word and LaTeX.
Everything is OK in preview except for the abstract where preview substitutes a probable variation of Times into a readable, but not lookalike sans serif font. The small caps section titles are not rendered. Adobe reader (latest version) reads the whole PDF and prints it fine.
Preview (and AR) says the pdf was produced by
PDFlib+PDI 8.0.1p8 (Perl 5.10.0/Linux-x86_64)
If it is Linux, I guess this puts vanilla M$ Word out of the suspects.
Best,
	François