[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT producing blank output

Ken Mankoff mankoff at 3m411.com
Fri Apr 8 12:05:52 EDT 2011

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 08.04.2011 um 02:28 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> which is VERY different from the contents of the latexit-1-2.tex
>> that you put on line. I wish I knew what/where this is set up.
>
> Me too! The process has become more difficult than the LaTeXiT
> Help displays. The SIZES file is only built in maths modes
> "Display" and "Inline" to determine the correction of the base
> line. I could see Perl and Ghostscript perform something... so
> it's possible that these two could as well produce the error.
>
> OTOH, I've seen in Ken's files that dimensions are set to 0. I
> think this a behaviour LaTeXiT showed in earlier versions. Ken,
> could you try to first delete the application and then install it?
> By default, I think, you can have more than one LaTeXiT.app: one
> in /Applications, another one in /Applications/Utilities, and a
> third one in /Applications/TeX!

I do not have an /Applications/TeX folder because when I installed I
just did "TeX Live 2010" and unselected "GUI Applications". LaTeXiT
is installed manually in ~/local/Applications/. I tested dragging it
to /Applications but that did not change anything. I have deleted
the following files:

rm -fR ~/local/Applications/LaTeXiT.app/
rm ~/Library/Preferences/*LaTeXiT*
rm -fR ~/Library/Applications\ Support/LaTeXiT
rm -fR /var/folders/z6/z62NpG5hFDiqBHw7fg77DE+++TI/-Tmp-/LaTeXiT-2.3.0/

I have re-downloaded LaTeXiT and the problems persists.

   -k.