[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT producing blank output

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:09:45 EDT 2011

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> I'm still worried about Ghostscript. What version of Ghostscript
> are you using? It may be that you either have more than one
> Ghostscript installed (you never said if you have a Fink version
> as well as one installed by MacTeX which is installed in
> /usr/local/bin/).

OK you have found something. But! I'm using 'pdflatex' so gs
shouldn't be part of the picture. Anyway...

My gs was in fink and had this problem:

$ /sw/bin/gs
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libpng12.0.dylib
   Referenced from: /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib
   Reason: Incompatible library version: libcairo.2.dylib requires
version 45.0.0 or later, but libpng12.0.dylib provides version 36.0.0
Trace/BPT trap

I installed gs from MacTex and EVERYTHING WORKED! Thank you. It's
been a flurry of emails and a few days but thanks for helping figure
this out.

Phew. Not sure why my default gs isn't working. I'd like to fix this
as a lot of things rely on it: graphicsmagick, gv, etc.

  -k.