[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT producing blank output

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 8 14:23:54 EDT 2011

On Apr 8, 2011, at 1:09 PM, Ken Mankoff wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> I'm still worried about Ghostscript. What version of Ghostscript are you using? It may be that you either have more than one Ghostscript installed (you never said if you have a Fink version as well as one installed by MacTeX which is installed in /usr/local/bin/).
>
> OK you have found something. But! I'm using 'pdflatex' so gs shouldn't be part of the picture. Anyway...
>
> My gs was in fink and had this problem:
>
> $ /sw/bin/gs
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libpng12.0.dylib
>  Referenced from: /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib
>  Reason: Incompatible library version: libcairo.2.dylib requires version 45.0.0 or later, but libpng12.0.dylib provides version 36.0.0
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> I installed gs from MacTex and EVERYTHING WORKED! Thank you. It's been a flurry of emails and a few days but thanks for helping figure this out.
>
> Phew. Not sure why my default gs isn't working. I'd like to fix this as a lot of things rely on it: graphicsmagick, gv, etc.
>
> -k.

Howdy,

It appears that LaTeXiT uses the a run of gs to somehow (I know almost nothing about the magic of gs) get the bounding box to the object on the page.

Since /usr/local/bin is in the PATH other things that use gs should still work unless they really assume it's in /sw/bin.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)