[OS X TeX] Re: TeX Live Utility + problem with package updates

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 05:35:07 EDT 2011

Am 05.08.11 08:46 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 05.08.2011 um 04:36 schrieb William Slough:
>
>> ! I can't find file `dehypht-x-2009-06-19.tex'.
>>
>> Is this a problem others have seen?

The TeX Live list if full of reports about problems with updating TeX
Live after a LaTeX2e update that requires rebuilding formats. Bugs are
being reported and fixed as quickly as possible. You might like to have
a look into the list archive. You might also like to wait until
everything works fine again.

> (A faster cure could happen if you would have saved
> the old packages. Which does not seem to be the default. Now that
> disks have 1 or 2 TB of unused empty space.)

FYI: I got my second HD replace with Apple Care last autumn to 160 GB of
which about half is unused now. The smallest Apple laptop now is a
MacBook Air with IIRC a 64 GB SSD. Get real, please.

Regards,
Jürgen.