[OS X TeX] TeXShop Typeset

Randy Scott scott_randy at sccollege.edu
Thu Aug 11 13:00:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've had TeXShop 2.43 exhibit some behavior changes since I upgraded to
TeXLive-2011 and I hope someone can point me in the correct direction.

When I click the typeset button in the upper left corner, the console window
opens up and displays this message

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.3-1.40.12 (TeX Live 2011)
\write18 enabled.

and then pauses. I need to press enter, and then it pauses again and gives
the
message

Please type the name of your input file.

and of course won't do anything until I do as it asks.

When I was using TeXLive-2008, pressing typeset proceeded entirely
automatically.

How can I get that functionality back?

Thanks for your help,

Randy Scott