[OS X TeX] Font installation does not work

Thomas Käufl kaeufl at online.de
Sat Aug 27 10:04:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

recently I installed the Classico package available on
CTAN (/fonts/urw/classico). I put its files into
texmf-local (creating directories in the same way as in
the installation of texlive). Then I excuted
    sudo -H mktexlsr
followed by
    sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map uop.map

But the installed fonts are not found. For example the
log of my test file contains the line

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/uop/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 26.

I then tried
    kpsewhere t1uop.fd
kpsewhere returned no result. This also happens with other
files contained in the package.

Any help (greatly) appreciated.

Thomas