[OS X TeX] Tex.mdimporter problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 21 04:10:00 EST 2011

Am 21.02.2011 um 09:37 schrieb Eric van der Oord:

> Alas, I guess there is no rapid  and safe beginner's way to modify
> metadata in the *tex files of some directories so that they can be
> found via Spotlight

Yes, that's my opinion too, but I never searched for more information.
To search in TeX you can use on the command line

	texdoc -s <some thing>

and then type y and the number of the document that could likely have
what you're looking for. It is recommended here to have a shell alias
(an useful and customised command) to easily display the one or other
of the listed documents.

One thing can be done with MacTeX: first TeXShop or the Spotlight
importer is installed, than TeX Live follows. This might produce
better results with Spotlight.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.
				– George W. Bush