[OS X TeX] Another Latexmk Update: version 4.22

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 2 17:36:26 EST 2011

Howdy,

Shortly after latexmk 4.21 came out I sent a note to John Collins, the maintainer of latexmk, asking if he was getting anywhere with a version that could use biber (with the biblatex package) instead of bibtex. The biber log file is quite different so latexmk has to be able to parse that file which requires an internal change rather than just building a special engine file like the one that I built for bibtex8. In short order he came out with version 4.22 which automatically determines if biber processing is needed by the biblatex package and then uses biber instead of bibtex (or whatever other processor you use via a special engine, e.g. bibtex8).

You can get it as `Latexmk422TeXShop.zip' from <http://public.me.com/herbs2>.

Now you bleeding edge biblatex package users can simply install and use biber as the backend bibliography processor. If you have a problem using this version of latexmk with biber please report to me and include the biber and biblatex package versions so I can include the information to give to John Collins.

My testing shows that all other behavior is as before so feel free to update even if you aren't interested in using biber with biblatex at this time.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)