[OS X TeX] biber error

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sun Jan 2 18:56:34 EST 2011

Hi, since Herb mentioned biber in his most recent update of latexmk, I
have a question about installing it.  I installed it using
instructions from Joseph Wright's blog <http://www.texdev.net/tag/tex-live/
 >, by doing:

tlmgr --repository http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/2010 install biber
This installed it in /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/x86_64-darwin/biber,
which isn't in any of the normal paths, but that can easily be fixed.
However, when I tried to run it I get the following error:
e.g.
$ /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/x86_64-darwin/biber
dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022 Trace/BPT trap

I get exactly the same error with a version downloaded directly from
the biber web page:
<http://biblatex-biber.sourceforge.net/>
What's going on, and how can I fix it?

This is on a Intel MacBook running 10.5.8
Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at gmx.com