[OS X TeX] texmf.cnf

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Mon Jun 13 06:05:22 EDT 2011

Le 13 juin 2011 à 11:06, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 13.06.2011 um 10:39 schrieb Alain Matthes:
>
>> For my personal settings I put
>

> Put $HOME/Boulot/Base into the local TeXMF tree! You can make this new place owned, maintained, destroyed by yourself.
>
> Anyway, you don't need this add-on! TeX searches by default all files and directories in
>
> 	$HOME/Library/texmf
>
> So you can move ~/Boulot into ~/Library/texmf and it'll find that basic Boulot stuff without extra effort.

I know it's a possibility but I have some reservations.
I have 70 000 articles (.tex) and the same number of .pdf files. (6Go)
I would like to have an optimized distribution, that is to say I don't want to slow down the search of the main files (
 packages .tex and .sty ). The only case when I need to find personal files is when I build an exam.
I need to use files inside ~/Boulot/Base (it's the main folder).

Is it equivalent to put all my files $HOME/Library/texmf instead of $HOME/Boulot/Base with
TEXINPUTS.pdflatex = .;$HOME/Boulot/Base//;$TEXMF/tex/{latex,generic,}// ?

I don't know what is the best method. I use the texmf.cnf method because I read a recommendation
 on the Net but a lot of recommendations are not pertinent!

Greetings

Alain