[OS X TeX] New Laptop...

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Fri Jun 24 10:55:53 EDT 2011

Herb,

May I recommend the 13" MacBook Air? The screen has the same resolution, so hold it an inch closer and it is of the same size!

It is lighter and the SSD makes a huge difference. Incredibly speedy. A restart is measured is seconds. Makes a real difference.

I grant you that the Pro has a faster processor, but it is hard to imagine how that would benefit you. Certainly not with TeX.

My techi friends tell me to buy 8GB of RAM.

On the road, the MacBook Air is easier on you. If you archive a lot of stuff, put it on an external drive.

Good luck,

George