[OS X TeX] Re : Does some package handle this character ? (right lower corner filled triangle)

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Tue Mar 8 10:27:45 EST 2011

On Mar 8, 2011, at 9:48 AM, Ewan Delanoy wrote:

> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Zapfino}
> \setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase,Mapping=tex-text]{Gill Sans}
> \setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Andale Mono}
> \begin{document}
> Here is an exotic character : \char"25E2 or <character written directly here>
> \end{document}

You need to find the symbol using the Character Viewer (in the input menu of your Mac (below the flag icon)). Then you can find the list of fonts that contain the character.  Since you probably don't want that to be your main font, you should use \newfontfamily to define a command to use that font:

On my system, Lucida Sans Unicode contains the character, as do many of the Asian fonts.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Times}
\setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase,Mapping=tex-text]{Gill Sans}
\setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Andale Mono}
\newfontfamily\symbolfont{Lucida Sans Unicode}
\begin{document}
Here is an exotic character : {\symbolfont\char"25E2} or {\symbolfont◢}
\end{document}

Alan

--
Alan Munn