[OS X TeX] synctex

Claus Gerhardt claus.gerhardt at uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Mar 20 11:15:09 EDT 2011

When timing some pdftex runs I noticed that the option --synctex=1 consumed on average 0.2 to 0.3 seconds, and furthermore, I noticed that this option is no longer necessary. Hence, I adjusted the shell scripts in Flashmode.

The ultimate goal of my little experiment had been to determine the speed difference of typesetting on a RAM disk vs.  a hard disk. However, this was not possible, since the typesetting results for the hard disk where written to the hard disk's cache. Only, when using Flashmode it will actually be written to the disk.

Claus