[OS X TeX] synctex

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Mar 20 11:30:20 EDT 2011

On Mar 20, 2011, at 10:15 AM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> When timing some pdftex runs I noticed that the option --synctex=1 consumed on average 0.2 to 0.3 seconds, and furthermore, I noticed that this option is no longer necessary. Hence, I adjusted the shell scripts in Flashmode.

Howdy,

How did you come to the conclusion that the --synctex=1 option is not necessary if you want to sync between pdf and source? If I run pdflatex on a file without that option set no .synctex.gz file is created. It may be that TeXShop then resorts to a regular search which is not as accurate as one using synctex.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)