[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.05

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sat Sep 3 17:32:36 EDT 2011

Folks,

TeXShop 3.05 is available at

	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/lion.html

This version has important patches by Ulrich Bauer for AutoSave, and by
Daniel Toundykov for syntax coloring.

When TeXShop typesets, it first saves the source code. Until now, that
created a new version of the document. If a user typeset often, and later used "Browse All
Versions…", there were so many versions that the feature was difficult to use.
After Ulrich' patch, TeXShop saves before typesetting, but does not create a new
version.

In TeXShop 2.10, improvements in syntax coloring broke the ability to change
the background and foreground colors of the source window. Toundykov's patch
again makes it possible to change these colors.

Since the AutoSave patch involves the most critical feature of TeXShop -- saving
source to disk -- I decided not to activate updating via the Sparkle mechanism. To
obtain 3.05, you must go to my web site, where version 3.04 is also available in
case of trouble.

Dick Koch