[OS X TeX] Using MinionPro (and MnSymbol)

Nestor E. Aguilera nestoreaguilera at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 16:55:58 EDT 2012

Hi,

Intrigued by the recent discussions, I installed M. Sharpe's TeXFontUtility and installed MinionPro using the application.

However, I have problems using \ell (in math). I notice that in the MinionPro documentation there is a mention that it is not provided by MnSymbol, but it doesn't typeset anyway.

Minimal example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{MinionPro}
\begin{document}
Typing $\ell$.
\end{document}

I get:

pdfTeX warning: pdflatex (file /usr/local/texlive/2011/../texmf-local/fonts/typ
e1/adobe/MinionPro/MinionPro-It.pfb): glyph `afii61289' undefined...

which I assume is related.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nestor