[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility not updating?

Paolo Ghirardato paolo.ghirardato at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 00:13:57 EDT 2012

>> An update: I just tried to use as a repository the one you (Andrew) were using in your suggestions (purdue), and it is working. Maybe it IS a server problem after all.
>
> I'm now thinking this is a network problem somewhere, as I just updated achemso from the ibiblio mirror with no problems, using TLU.  You could retry that wget test using the ibiblio mirror.

Can I do it even though now everything has been updated?

>  Is there any chance you have a transparent proxy at your site?

I am sorry, but this is above my head. I do not know what you are talking about.

In terms of networks, I had been having trouble both with my home connection (AT&T ADSL) and with the Northwestern University network.

> I think you had problems earlier with the purdue mirror also, which is why I was using it in my tests.  I'd suggest setting a nearby mirror as your home repository for testing with TLU, just so results are consistent.

You are right, I did use Purdue earlier, with no success. Since I am right now in Chicago, Purdue looked like a natural nearby mirror. Are there closer ones?
Best,
paolo