[OS X TeX] migrating from Emacs to TexShop

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 18:36:07 EST 2012

On Feb 4, 2012, at 5:56 PM, Enrico Franconi wrote:

> the power and beauty of emacs' fill-paragraph.

Not having a clue and just out of curiosity, I googled "What is fill-
paragraph". As I understand it now, this has to do with left-
justifying only. And, indeed, Companion 2nd says on page 103:

"In comparison to its work with justified text, TeX does a very poor
job when asked to produce unjustified paragraphs. Thus, to obtain the
highest quality, we have to be prepared to help TeX far more often by
adding explicit line breaks in strategic places."

So, is it that emacs improves on what \flushleft would do?

Curious regards
--schremmer