[OS X TeX] t1unmac on Lion

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 11 12:58:39 EST 2012

On Jan 11, 2012, at 8:51 AM, James Mingo wrote:

> I am trying to produce pfb versions of some old Frutiger
> fonts using texlive2011 and the tool t1unmac from t1utils.
>
> The font information in the Mac version is in a resource
> fork, hence the reason for the FrutiBla/rsrc part. This
> command has always worked for me in the past (i.e. before
> Lion). As you can see from below it no longer works because
> t1unmac thinks FrutiBla/rsrc is specifying a directory as
> opposed to a fork.
>
> jam[Mac Version] ls
> FrutiBla*    FrutiBol*    FrutiIta*    FrutiLigIta*  FrutiUltBla*
> FrutiBlaIta* FrutiBolIta* FrutiLig*    FrutiRom*     Frutiger*
> jam[Mac Version] t1unmac -r FrutiBla/rsrc pfrc8a.pfb
> t1unmac: FrutiBla/rsrc: Not a directory
>
> Am I doing something wrong or has something changed so that
> t1unmac doesn't work any more?
>
> Thanks,
> Jamie Mingo
>
> .

I also noted that the man page for t1unmac says that the correct incantation is now

t1unmac -r AJenIta/..namedfork/rsrc >ajenita.pfb

The same modification appears to work most of the time with Fondu, though it appears you may have to try variants like

fondu -r AJenIta
fondu -r AJenIta/..namedfork

depending on how the original LWFN was packaged.

Michael