[OS X TeX] command completion file for inline and display math mode

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 21 08:08:14 EST 2012

On Jan 21, 2012, at 6:51 AM, Eric van der Oord wrote:

> Why don't use  the ctrl-alt-command-$, on selected text, in TeXShop ?
>
> Eric
>
> Le 20 janv. 2012 à 13:20, Dilan Fernando a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use TexShop as my editor.
>>
>> @Herb: It works. Thanks.
>>
>> But I would like a 'Mark' out side the inline math mode to be
>> able to quickly move outside the math modes by pressing let's say option-tab keys. (tab is my trigger key).

Howdy,

I don't understand what you are asking? You can assign a keyboard shortcut like that to a macro if you wish. But I'd never do that! On a US keyboard it takes five fingers to produce that single keystroke (The three ``control keys'' and you must press Shift-4 to get $).

What I've actually done is set up the macros \(#SEL##INS#\)• and \[#SEL##INS#\]• and assigned them to Cmd-9 and Cmd-0 respectively.

By the way, my personal rule for placing a final bullet (•, Mark) at the end to quickly ``escape'' from an environment is that it must require more than a single key stroke (right-arrow) to get there; e.g., if I wanted to have {#SEL##INS#} as a macro or keybinding (to {) I wouldn't place a final • there since a single right-arrow will ``escape'' from the braces.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)