[OS X TeX] TeXLive 2012 cannot find local fonts [solved]

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 20:23:47 EDT 2012

My difficulties with getting Lucida bright/Lucida Math and MathTimePro 2
type 1 fonts to work with MacTeX 2012 have been resolved -- but I'm not
entirely sure why!

First, I made

   /Library/texlive/2012

to be owned by me. (Apparently, a misguided attempt to use sudo updmap
changed the ownership to root.)

As I recall, that alone did _not_ fix things, even after I ran updmap again.

Second, I ran

   updmap --syncwithtrees

but that also did not in itself fix things.

Third, I ate dinner (apparently an essential intermediate step).

Fourth, I ran:

   updmap ----listavailablemaps

That _did_ fix things.

So of course this is still witchcraft to me.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305