[OS X TeX] TexLive 2012 luatex test

Roland Thiers roland.thiers at canl.nc
Fri Jul 13 21:18:58 EDT 2012

Le 13 juil. 12 à 23:02, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> On Jul 13, 2012, at 12:09 AM, Roland Thiers wrote:
>

>> Le 12 juil. 12 à 22:53, Thomas Bohn a écrit :
>>
>>> I just checked this opentype-info.tex, it is a XeTeX specific test
>>> file I think. So it won't work with LuaTeX.
>>>
>>> There are some LuaTeX test files:
>>>
>>> /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/tex/generic/context/luatex/
>>>
>>> Which I never tried though.
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Roland Thiers <roland.thiers at canl.nc

>> I tried a specific luatex test found in /usr/local/texlive/2012/
>> texmf-dist/tex/generic/context/luatex/, as Thomas suggested, but
>> unsuccessfully.
>> I took a look on the fonts as suggested by Herb though that is
>> quite mysterious for me ...
>> The fonts of the sytem are in /Library/fonts, luatex can't find
>> them and the tex fonts are in /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/
>> fonts.
>> I tried to compile a short document with lualatex with some
>> different fonts.
>> luatex can't find them except if I give the exact name in
>> setmainfont like GFSDidot.otf. Compilation perfect and pdf idem. By
>> this way I can use the fonts .otf
>> located in texmf-dist.
>> Best, Roland
>

> Howdy,
>
> First: Have you tried to compile the sample files in /Applications/
> TeX/LuaTeX-and-XeTeX? Do they compile properly?
>
> Second: If the LuaLaTeX sample files there don't compile correctly
> do you have a ~/Library/texlive/2012/texmf-var/luatex-cache folder?
> The first time you compile it should take a long time since luatex
> creates the fonts cache of all the fonts it finds in standard system
> locations.
>
> Third: Try to remove the luatex-cache folder and compile a LuaLaTeX
> file again and see that the cache gets recreated.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Bonjour,
Thanks very much, Herb, for your advices.
I did the three points, now  (after removing the luatex-cache-folder)
I have a luatex-cache/generic/fonts/otf with files like temp-arial.lua.
I can compile a short sample file from /Applications/TeX/LuaTeX-and-
XeTeX and from any directory inside ~/
One more thing which brought trouble : I had not  understood that
luatex works with opentype fonts (maybe some others)
but not some fonts I use in pdftex (I use kpfonts). I saw that I can
add the luainputenc package which solves the problem.
Another problem was the name of fonts (I put Latin Modern in
setmainfont instead Latin Modern Roman ou Latin Modern Sans).
I would like to have a list of fonts that luatex can load with their
names (fonts of the system and fonts in texmf), is it possible ?
I saw in "Using Opentype fonts in LuaTeX" of Will Robertson that the
good extensions are .otf .ttf and .dfont.
Best, Roland