[OS X TeX] Beamer/MacTex2012/old files

Leslie Morland (MTH) L.Morland at uea.ac.uk
Mon Jul 30 06:02:09 EDT 2012

Have been trying to follow location and cleanup advice.

My new /Library/Tex folder is missing .scripts mentioned in what is installed file (WII); is this relevant and if so how do I find it?

My lwm/Library/texmf/tex  folder has my original bibtex folder and a "plain" folder dated 2008 -- is this still relevant?

Also a latex folder with my original .sty and .cls files, but an beamer folder dated 2012, which I am pleased to see.

In contrast WII says /usr/local/texmf-local is not touched if already existing. Mine contains a lot of old 2007 files -- is this folder and contained files redundant?

WII says 2 font packages, Latin Modern and TeX Gyre, need separate custom install (which I did not use), but is this only for non-tex use?

su rmdir for clean-up asks for a password, and says "sorry" to my admin password. Is there a default iMac pw I have not seen/changed?

Leslie
Professor L.W.Morland
School of Mathematics
University of East Anglia