[OS X TeX] Excalibur replacement

John B. Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Wed Jun 13 21:13:35 EDT 2012

Hello, everyone.

I upgraded to Lion today and discovered that Excalibur no longer works.  I've used Excalibur for ages (thanks, Rick Z).  What do y'all suggest for a suitable replacement?

I'm still using TeX Live 2009 (yes, I should upgrade) and typeset using vi in an xterm window, viewing either using xdvi (if latex) or Preview (if pdflatex).

TIA for your suggestions.

---John.

(I receive the digest version of this listserv.)

"Ten thousand difficulties do not make one doubt....  A man may be annoyed that he cannot work out a mathematical problem ... without doubting that it admits an answer."

---John Henry Newman [_Apologia_, p. 239 in Project Gutenberg's
   <http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/22088>]