[OS X TeX] Microtype

Martin Berggren martin.berggren at cs.umu.se
Thu Jun 21 04:31:36 EDT 2012

On Jun 21, 2012, at 10:13 , Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 21.06.2012 um 07:50 schrieb R Martinez:
>
>> \usepackage{microtype}
>
> When I last read the microtype documentation I think it was mentioned that one needs to turn it on, as in:
>
>  \usepackage[protrusion=true,expansion=false]{microtype}
>    \usepackage[activate={true,nocompatibility},verbose=true]{microtype}
>
> Has the documentation changed since then?

I use microtype for all documents, use the default settings that are turned on without any options, and I usually see a substantial difference. You need to use pdflatex though and not the dvi route.

Martin Berggren
UMIT Research Lab
Department of Computing Science, Umeå Universitet
Campustorget 5, S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden. Ph: +46-70-732 8111
http://www.cs.umu.se/~martinb, Martin.Berggren at cs.umu.se