[OS X TeX] Error: I can't write on file '(name)'

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 10 05:48:54 EST 2012

On Mar 9, 2012, at 10:16 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2012, at 10:22 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> The only strange thing I see, unless it's a typo, is that you root line is
>>
>> %!TEX root = ../Text-controls/\jobname.tex
>>
>> while you say the pdf file is in
>>
>> MagnumOpus2FMTo  >  RDAv3-0  >  Texts-controls >  1.pdf
>>
>> so, in one case you have Text-controls and the other Texts-controls.
>
> It is a typo:
>
> <Text-Controls.pdf>
>

> and, for the sake of completion:
>
> <Text-contents.pdf>

Howdy,

You are showing me the contents of those two folders. Are you telling me the path to the blank pdf as shown when you Cmd-Click the blank PDF's Window Title?

Also, do you clean out all the auxiliary files before compiling? Does it take multiple (pdf)latex runs to resolve cross references, etc., for the files that give you a blank pdf?

I'm really interested in the problem and would like to isolate the circumstances under which it occurs. I just don't believe it's a random event.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)