[OS X TeX] Error: I can't write on file '(name)'

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 11:44:07 EST 2012

On Mar 10, 2012, at 5:48 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> I'm really interested in the problem and would like to isolate the
> circumstances under which it occurs. I just don't believe it's a
> random event.

Clicking on the printer icon of the blank pdf and then going PDF >
Save as PDF gives the right thing. (I am out of toner.) Clicking
Preview on the Print dialog also give the right PDF.

I am beginning to feel that this has to do with the system.

More generally, at first, Mail would not quit and thus prevented shut
down. Clicking on some aliases would do something completely strange.
But things are settling down. Which is strange by itself.

Regards
--schremmer