[OS X TeX] automatic superscript braces in TeXShop editor

Don Green Dragon fergdc at Shaw.ca
Mon Mar 12 20:18:03 EDT 2012

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the long delay, but it took me a while to get around to applying your suggestion about the package `xspace'. I assumed that all that was necessary was the inclusion of

\usepackage{xspace}

in the preamble. But that did not work! So

The set of natural number \N is not

typesets as shown below after my sign off. Other examples behaved the same way. Wondering if I have misinterpreted what you intended!!!

On 19Feb2012, at 12:15 AM, Michael Welsh wrote:

>>> Wouldn't
>>>
>>> \newcommand{\N}{\ensuremath{\mathbb{N}}} be better?
>>
>> Yes! In text mode I can type \N\ and obtain what I want.
>
> I would recommend the package xspace here.
>
> Then you get the spacing done correctly, removing the need for \ in some places and not in others.

Don Green Dragon
fergdc at Shaw.ca