[OS X TeX] path names with umlauts

RA Friedrich Vosberg fv at rafv.de
Tue Mar 20 06:51:27 EDT 2012

Morning.

Is there a tool to enable LaTeX and particularly TeXShop to accept umlauts and spaces in path and file names?

I won't like to change the directory names on my system. A lot of them are the names of my clients, e.g. »Müller, Günther«. When I try to include a PDF file from within /Müller, Günther into another document by using \includepdf{/Müller, Günther/filename.pdf) it doesn't work.

A workaround could be to use an alias of the file copied into the directory of the target file. But unfortunately LaTeX doesn't work with Mac OS X aliases.

Is there a way to make LaTeX more acquainted with Mac OS X Lion and the possibility to use aliases and umlauts or spaces in file and path names?

Kind regards, Friedrich Vosberg