[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.09

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 19 08:31:04 EDT 2012

On May 19, 2012, at 2:25 AM, R Martinez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed the new TeXShop 3.09 and am getting some very odd behavior when I open an existing .tex file (a file that I have been working on with previous versions of TeXShop).
>
> Specifically, the problem is that the argument of all the LaTeX commands is missing. For example, the command
>
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
>
> shows as
>
> \documentclass     {          }.
>
> The text document is fine when I display it in TextEdit or QuickLook. Even odder is that when I select (highlight) the command, the missing characters appear but they are white and can be seen only when contrasted with the highlight color. So the missing text is not missing; it just does not get displayed.
>
> I have been using TeXShop for years and have never encountered anything like this.
>
> Can anyone explain what is going on and how to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Raul Martinez

Howdy,

Hmmm... not seeing that behavior.

I do assume that you are running OS X 10.7.x (Lion) since TeXShop 3.09 is Lion+ only. What version of TeXShop was being used before you switched?

It sounds like your preferences file may be corrupted. Quit TeXShop and move it's preference file (It is in ~/Library/Preferences/TeXShop.plist --- you can open the ~/Library folder by pressing the Option key while clicking on Finder's Go Menu) to the Desktop. If restarting TeXShop (which will create a new, default TeXShop.plist file) fixes the problem throw out the old Preferences file and re-setup TeXShop as you had before.
If it doesn't work we'll have to look further.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)