[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop: Ignore file settings in engine

John Collins collins at phys.psu.edu
Tue Sep 4 15:12:49 EDT 2012

Simon Spiegel wrote

> Although I'm not sure that latexmk will ever work for my, since I not only
> use biber, but also xindy with my own .xdy files and I doubt that latexmk
> will ever be able to handle this setup.

This is just a belated comment from the maintainer of latexmk, so that the
messages reflect the current situation (Sep. 2012).

For biber, the current version (4.33c) of latexmk supports biber, and that's
been in since v. 4.22.

As for xindy, latexmk has always supported xindy, at least for the simplest
case where there is a single index with the standard file extensions.   Then
you simply tell latexmk to use xindy instead of makeindex, by putting the
following in one of its initialization files:

     $makeindex = 'texindy -o %D %S';

complicated situations.