[OS X TeX] First take on TeX Touch

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Wed Sep 5 15:27:54 EDT 2012

I find the way TeX Touch forces you to work and its GUI quite unfriendly.
In particular, the LaTeX editor is quite poor.
I ended up to replicate the behaviour of TeX Touch by using the very powerful and user friendly text editor LaTeX-friendly Textastic <http://www.textasticapp.com>, and by having a dropbox folder with a script which continuously compiles the LaTeX files using my TeXLive distro on my mac mini server.
With Textastic you can use alternative types of "network" drive (not only Dropbox), e.g., webdav.
I guess that the only drawback of this setup is that you have to have a mac always up and accessible.
--e.